Here at Christ Mission Churches we has a number of Projects which have improved the lives of many people, we call upon anyone out there to stand with us in this noble cause: below are some of them:
We have intend to initiate a project to help single mothers and widows and school dropouts to get skills through training in dressmaking to help them integrate into the textile industry. We are intending to rent a workroom in Nalya , Wakiso where 20 people will be trained per session of 12 months on how to use sewing machine to make dresses. Those who graduate from this program will benefit from taking contracts with schools and other companies by making uniform for their children as well as making dresses for sale to the general public. The result of this project/Program will compel us to propose a project that would benefit 40 single mothers, widows and school dropouts in a single year. Here is detailed information of Sewing machine Training project proposal: Specific Objectives
- Identifying and training 40 women during a one year period to provide them with the necessary skills to be involved in economic activity. A special emphasis will be put upon adolescents and young female’s heads of household widows and single mothers.
- Providing advice and technical training to these women to increase their abilities in dressmaking.
- Providing psychological support to facilitate the integration of women into the project as well as to increase their self-esteem.
- Providing a set of tools or a sewing machine to enable the graduating student to become more proficient in their newly acquired skills, and to be able to use them in supporting themselves and their family by putting a roof over their heads, food on the table and educating their family and providing medical care.
- Through this project we will evangelise many and win them for Christ.
- Mobilizing resources such as; Human resource, Money, Materials, Equipment
- 40 single mothers, widows and school dropouts will be trained in dressmaking per year.
- These trained women will be able to earn money for their families by using their learned skills to make dresses.
- Improvement of self-esteem of participants.
Resources Christ Mission Churches was able to obtain 10 sewing machines, accessories for sewing and other materials to establish a sewing workroom. The local materials contribution will include:
- Ten manual Sewing machines and accessories
- Workrooms for the women.
- Fabric, thread and other materials
Christ Mission Churches needs support to buy 30 sewing machines more of which 10 will be electric and 20 manual to be added to the 10 sewing machine. We also need salaries for three (3) teachers/instructors for one year, rental for workroom for one year
Sustainability: We hope to sustain the activities of the Project through: – 1. Continued staff development through training and retraining. 2. Continued resource mobilization using different strategies including: tuition fees, dress making, school uniforms, grants, donations, charges on services offered by the Centre
“Do not cast me off in the time of old age; do not forsake me when my strength is spent.” Psalm 71:9
Growing old isn’t all that easy anywhere. There is no more hopeless creature in the world than an elderly person in Uganda. But it is especially hard in a desperately poor country like Uganda. The gap between the future-pursuing young generation and the forgotten elderly is terrifyingly wide. The elderly in Uganda have experienced unspeakable hardships throughout their lives. The elderly don’t feel ignored; they feel betrayed and abandoned.
Years of civil war left many without spouses or family members. And even after the war, they struggled to provide for themselves while the economy lay in shambles. Now, in the sunset years of their lives, life hasn’t gotten easier for Uganda’s elderly. In fact, it has gotten far more difficult for many. Daily life is little more than a struggle to survive. This need is what has prompted many Christians in these countries to reach out with love and compassion, both to elderly church members, and beyond. Bringing with them food, clothing, medical care and whatever else is needed, we bring God’s Word and the tender love of Christ into their homes and into the lives of the abandoned elderly.
We have encountered a seemingly endless number of elderly people who are in desperate need of help.
CWI Farm is another of CMC ’s Sustainable Projects with poultry and agriculture. These profits that are accrued facilitate CMC' s core projects of Discipleship, Training, Community Health, and Mercy Ministries.
Currently, CMC has built a new chicken house that will hold 2000 layers. The goal is by 2024 to have 40,000 layer birds in both chicken houses. Chicks are purchased, raised, and the resulting chickens produce eggs daily for income generation. To ensure that we have chickens throughout the entire year, CMC farm needs to procure a minimum of 1,000 layer birds every 5-months, which costs about $490 each purchase. The old chickens that cannot lay anymore are sold-off. The manure from the chicken is sold as well as helping to feed our pigs. The chicken project provides additional revenues for training and health work.
CMC Farm holds training on Farming God’s Way, Modern Poultry Keeping, and Agricultural studies with interns and volunteers.
CMC has bought 2 acres of land at Bukoseya CMCI is working on building our Agro-Tourism and Training Center. The land’s first project will be building a big house for our 23 pigs at our Mercy Ministry Coordinators’ home. The farm will be a model farm for agritourism, farm demonstrations, a training facility, accommodations, a camping site, and others.
CMCalso intends to farm fish as we have a lot of water to facilitate fish farming.
These all projects on the farm are geared towards improving CMC’s income to reach out to communities with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus and continue responding to people’s needs in the communities we work with and win them for Christ.
This is a five-year project with phases. As we build, it will start making money to maintain itself and our other projects.